- Certificate of Participation from NSTP-2016 EDC IIT-Roorkee.
- Certificate of merit from NSTP-2016 EDC IIT-Roorkee.
- Certificate of Coordination from NSTP-2016 EDC IIT-Roorkee.
Workshop on Automobile Mechanics & IC Engine Design Content of the workshop:
Session-1: Introduction (1 Hr)
What is an automobile?
• Brief history
• Changes over the years
• Indian automobile industry
• Sigma ratings
Session-2: Chassis design (1 Hr)
• Brief terminology
1. Multi point strut bar
2. Fender bar
3. Anti-roll bar
5. Tubular space
6. Longeron rh,lh
Types of chassis
1. Ladder frame chassis
2. Tubular space frame chassis
3. Monocoque frame chassis
4. Ulsab monocoque
5. Backbone frame chassis
6. Aluminium space frame
7. Carbon fibre monocoque
All these will be explained with their current applications and the advantages & disadvantages in various
Session 3: Suspension Unit (1 Hr 30 Min)
1. Weight transfer (sprung and unsprung)
2. Jacking forces
3. Camber and caster angle
4. Anti-dive & anti squat
5. Spring Rate
Types of suspensions
1. Dependent suspension
2. Independent suspension
3. Front Independent Suspensions
4. McPherson Strut
5. Double wishbone
6. Coil Spring type1
7. Coil spring type2
8. Multi-link type
9. Trailing arm suspension
10. I beam suspension
• Rear suspension – dependant systems
11. Solid-axle, leaf-spring
12. Solid-axle, coil-spring 13. Beam Axle
• Hydra gas Suspension
• Hydro pneumatic Suspension
• Progressively wound springs
• Torsion bars
Session 4: Braking Unit (1Hr)
• Disc brakes
1. Self adjusting nature
2. Disc damage modes
3. Servicing your disc
• Drum brakes
• Magnetic brakes
• Vaccum brakes
• Anti-lock braking system
1. Four-channel, four-sensor ABS
2. Three-channel, three-sensor ABS
3. One-channel, one-sensor ABS
2. Solid bar connection
3. Single-circuit hydraulic
4. Dual-circuit hydraulic
• Power Brakes and master cylinders
• Brake fluids
Query Session (30 Min)
Session 5: Designing Using Software- Basics of AutoCAD & CATIA V5 (2 Hr)
Drawing, modifying & dimensions in AutoCAD Sketching & Part
modelling in CATIA.
On the basis of the commands taught one component of engine will be made to illustrate the use of
commands in a better way.
Query and Competition (1 Hr)
Session 5: Designing Using Software- Basics of AutoCAD & CATIA V5 (1 Hr Continue…)
Session 6: Transmission system (2Hr)
Types of Transmission system
1. Manual transmission
• Gear ratio
• Different types of gear
• Clutch & its components
• Reverse & it’s working
2. Automatic transmission
3. Semi-Automatic Transmission
4. Continuously variable transmission
1. Open Differentials
2. Limited-slip differentials
3. Locking differentials
• 2WD, 4WD, AWD
• Tyres and Traction Control
1. Tyre size notations
2. Tyre types for passenger cars
3. Tyre constructions
4. Cross-ply construction
5. Radial construction
6. Tyre tread
7. Traction & its control
Session 7: IC Engines (2 Hr)
• Compression ignition
• Spark ignition
• Engine balancing
• Spark plug
• Fuel injector
• Valves & valve timing
• Valve trains
• Engine cooling
• Air/Fuel ratios
• Wankel Engine (6 stroke)
• Latest technologies
Session 8: Air Bags & Steering System (1 hr 30 Min)
• Apart from this a deep insight (how it works, how to make one, where to participate, how to
go about the competition, various technical and financial aspects) of various student car projects like a)
Formula student car project
b) Solar vehicle
c) Mini Baja
d) Super Mileage Vehicle
e) Hybrid vehicle
1. Live Engine Demonstration – Honda 110 CC (45 Min) Query and Competition (1 Hr) Hands-On:
• Basics of designing software i.e. CATIA V5 or Solidworks
• Learning of whole Automobile unit live Engine and car (if possible) through demonstration.
1st Stage (To be held at Zonal Centers)
- Competitions will be held at different Zonal centers through workshop on BiG DATA HADOOP.
- All the participants who want to participate in AppsFluxus-2017 Championship are required to attend the workshop at any zonal center.
2nd Stage (Prelims rounds to be held at zonal center):
- Just after the workshop a Prelims Rounds of AppsFluxus-2017 will held at zonal center.
- Winners will be awarded with Certificate of Merit and will be eligible to participate in Final Rounds which will be held on March 2017 at IIT-Roorkee.
3rd Stage (FINAL Round to be held at IIT-Roorkee):
- Winners of zonal centers will be called to participate in the biggest final round of AppsFluxus’17 championship will held at IIT-Roorkee
- Top 3 Teams will be awarded as winners of The AppsFluxus’17 championship & will be awarded & honored by Cognizance,IIT-Roorkee.
Grand final competition
Grand finale of all zonal center winners will be in March at IIT-Roorkee
Zonal Level Competition Prelims
Prelims Rounds will be held just after the completion of workshop at zonal center
Zonal Level Workshop
2-Days workshop on Big Data & Hadoop will be organized by AppsFluxus-2017 at zonal center
Finland DVD to each participant to help them learn more about Big Data & Hadoop Development tools and videos after the training.
Benefits of association with us
- Name and Logo including website link will be published on our official website mentioning that “You are our Official Zonal Partner”.
- Authorized Team will visit your College to organize the entire event.
- Chance to get associated with nationally acclaimed engineering Institute of India.
- An email will be sent to more than 1 lack users of our web partners about your college publicity.
Posters and Flexes will be sent to you for effective regional publicity.
- All India publicity through SMS will also be done.
Benefits to the Participants
- Certificate of participation would be awarded to each participant.
- Winners will get the merit Certificate.
- Free Software Toolkit CD (Containing E-Books, Software, Video’s, Tutorials, projects)
Full Version Of STAAD PRO Software CD To each Student
Prerequisite for Workshop
- Passion to learn new creative things.
- Basic Knowledge of Structure Analysis & Design
- Having basic knowledge of Computers.
Who Could Attend?
- College students seeking future in 3D Structure Analysis and Designing
- Education Faculty & Staff in 3D
Requirements for Zonal Center
- Seminar hall/classroom having the enough capacity to conduct hands-on-session for all participants.
- Good Quality public address system ideally two cordless mikes will be required.
- Projector/ Screen along with black/white board for teaching and presentation purposes.
- One small stereo jack cord connect to laptop for its sound system.
- This Zonal center can only be arranged for a minimum of 60 students
Responsibility of an Organizer
- Hospitality (2 days) for a team of 2 members.
- Pick and Drop facility from the nearest railway station/bus stop/ airport.
Eligibility: Any B-tech student who wants to pursue his career in Automobile industry
2-Days (8 hours per day)
RS.1200/per participant only
The fee includes @15% service tax training, certification, and Event registration
@10% discount in registration fee on cash payment.
Please be free to contact us for any kind of discussions related to NSTP-2016
Dept. of Education & Training Development
Finland labs(Unit of Revert Technology Pvt. Ltd)
NSTP-2016 | AppsFluxus-2017 | RoboFeast-2017
Contact No. +91-7053133032 | 011-65544707
Email firstname.lastname@example.org | http://finlandlabs.com/nstp/